AniMyu!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Animazement - Transportation and Rooming

5 posters

Go down

Animazement - Transportation and Rooming Empty Animazement - Transportation and Rooming

Post  SerenityTuelaulosVegeta Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:43 pm

It's never too early to plan your transportation and rooming situation!

What's everyone have planned?

I myself will be riding up and rooming with Jeremy, but carpooling is always a good idea, and while I don't think we'll be accepting any roommates, that doesn't mean you guys can't plan to room together and save money!

Depending on my financial situation, I may also rent a small Uhaul for the weekend to transport some of the larger set pieces (this has been in discussion for quite some time, but I'm still unsure about the money thing), sooo we'll need someone to drive or tow (depending on what kind we get) that, if that happens. Just throwing that out there.

So let's plan, guys~
SerenityTuelaulosVegeta
SerenityTuelaulosVegeta
Director
Director

Location : Cruising through the tunnel between Twoson and Threed~

https://animyu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Animazement - Transportation and Rooming Empty Re: Animazement - Transportation and Rooming

Post  arimnaes Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:22 pm

Do you know of any airports in the remote vicinity of either where you guys live or where the convention is held? If so, I might splurge and take to the skies instead of riding Greyhound or something similar.

I'll be done with my college semester well in advance of the convention, so I can either come down some time before the convention and attend whatever last-minute live rehearsals we have, or not, at your own convenience. Just remember I'll need somewhere to stay.

Also, unless the price is truly exorbitant, I can use my vast wealth to bankroll a U-haul or any similar needs should your financial situation not be rosy. (My wealth isn't actually vast, I've just had a pretty cushy white-collar paid internship these past two summers.)
arimnaes
arimnaes
Performer

Back to top Go down

Animazement - Transportation and Rooming Empty Re: Animazement - Transportation and Rooming

Post  SerenityTuelaulosVegeta Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:16 pm

If you could make it down about a week before hand, I believe Pleady will also be coming down, so we'll be having super-serious full rehearsals. <3

There is an airport in Wilmington, NC, though it's likely that you'll have to go to Charlotte and switch planes first. XD

I'm a little ashamed to admit it, but our financial situation is not exactly peachy. You don't have to rent the Uhaul all by yourself, but a little help would be very much appreciated!
SerenityTuelaulosVegeta
SerenityTuelaulosVegeta
Director
Director

Back to top Go down

Post  Arri Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:43 pm

If the airport in Greensboro or Raleigh works better for you, I'd be happy to pick you up on my way. :3 At this point I'm also planning to go down to Wilmington for that week leading up to the performance for epic funtimes serious rehearsals.

Arri
Performer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cookie Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:32 pm

What's this I hear of serious rehearsals?

Anyhow, Joshua and I plan on getting a room at the Sheraton RIIIIIIGHt across the street from the con, like we did last year. Roommates would be a plus. We can't drive anyone, but his truck can tow and, it has a bed with a cover so we could haul up some of the stuffs too.

Rehearsals leading up to Animazement will be at my house...right...? With my epic pink room and all. Or, will we try to get Ashley's Drama Room for those like last year?

Cookie
Performer

Back to top Go down

Post  SerenityTuelaulosVegeta Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:31 pm

Both, most likely. Ashley doesn't start summer vacation until June, so the room will still be available, and the week before Animazement will be the week after the One Act festival, so the room will be free all week, I believe (And you'd best believe we'll be using it ALL WEEK). But we'll probably have a Sunday rehearsal that week at your place (As in, the Sunday before Animazement, lol).

Also, Jeremy and I will officially take you up on room-mating. Do you need the money for the room at any specific time?
SerenityTuelaulosVegeta
SerenityTuelaulosVegeta
Director
Director

Back to top Go down

Post  Cookie Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:17 am

Once we book the hotel, I'll ask around to see how many people we can shove in there and then we'll give you the price per person. After that, I think the week leading up to the con would be the absolute latest you could give us the money.

Cookie
Performer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fallain00 Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:11 pm

Since it's only about 2 hours away, Lance can make the trip. He's got a small trunk though so I might only be able to fit 2, 3 if we squeeze, people with their luggage. And I obviously wouldn't be able to transport any large props.
Fallain00
Fallain00
Performer

http://fallain.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down